Dodgy Font

slydog 13:47 20 Feb 03

Whilst copying a font from Windows Font directory I inadvertantly dragged the font onto the desktop. When I tried to reinstal the font via the File menu, I recieved an error message saying that the font could not be installed because either the directory was full, in which case I should remove some font files and try again, or that the font file was corrupt and I should contact the file supplier.
Now I know the font file is OK because I copied the very same file onto another computer and installed it OK. I have also deleted several files from the font directory but still the font (which I need for a special document) cannot be reinstalled. PC is running Win98. Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers
Slydog

-pops- 13:51 20 Feb 03

Try this: Copy the font on to a floppy or whatever - the same way as you copied it to the other machine - delete the font that is giving the problem on your machine both from the desktop and wherever else it might be and then re-install from the floppy.

Brian

jazzypop 13:56 20 Feb 03

The suggestion from -pops- should help if it is the font that is damaged. If it is the Fonts folder, see if this helps - click here or click here

slydog 00:37 21 Feb 03

H'mm Not lookin to good so far, tried everything except tweak ui which I've just downloaded I will try it on my Dad's PC tommorrow (the one with the dodgy font). Although I don't think i'ts the font file since it installed fine on one of my PC's also running Win98.
Cheers guys get back to you soon.

Slydog

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…