Dodgy Ebay PC?

ste_bla 17:42 21 Nov 04

looking at computers on ebay and saw this click here i thought that AMD didnt use DDR2 yet as the cpu (with onboard memory controller) doesnt support it?

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:47 21 Nov 04

£4,300.00 'nuff said.

G

Diodorus Siculus 17:50 21 Nov 04

All the seller is doing is touting for business - seems that it will be built for anyone who pays that kind of money...

Sans le Sou 18:07 21 Nov 04

So it has 4 hard disks and 2 daisy chained graphics cards with a 20 inch tft. Still seems well over the top for price.

goonerbill © ® 18:13 21 Nov 04

after a quick look on the net. this mobo doesn't run ddr2 mem as you guessed.

the price for the whole pc does seem a bit high but you are getting £900 worth of graphics cards and the case is over £100. if you went and bought all the components listed it would probably come to something near his starting price.

TomJerry 18:35 21 Nov 04

so it is really not important what people get

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:48 21 Nov 04

'if you went and bought all the components listed it would probably come to something near his starting price'...you forgot that he has to make a profit unless he is running a charity. Mammon 1...Altruism 0

G

Dorsai 18:53 21 Nov 04

Just now, 7 mins to go before auction closes, not one bid. seems no-one is interested.

Anyone can come up with a list of parts, and the offer to sell them, built up into a PC.

If no one buys it, the seller just does not buy the bits.

I guess.

Dorsai 19:01 21 Nov 04

"I have one of these systems myself, and i must say i have been blown away by both the sheer power of the machine and its looks."

and

"NOTE: Both the Motherboard and Graphics cards are not released until Late November/Early December"

He/she has one, and the parts are not yet avaliable!!

No surprise no one wants it.

PS, UNSOLD.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:40 21 Nov 04

Glad to see the usual support for British enterprise.

G

PSF 21:44 21 Nov 04

click here for a similar pc from Scan, it is a bit cheaper....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…