Dodgy Ebay Email???

Just recieved an email, supposedly from ebay (service @ebay.com) saying:

Dear eBay Member,

Dear customer, you have been billed for $15.00 recently. Please update your billing information at eBay Billing Center.

This is eBay auto generated message, if you think you received it by mistake or you want to remove these notifications, please update your profile at Billing Center.

Go to eBay Billing Center

**Note eBay never asks for your credit card number, pin code or any of your passwords.

Thank you
Accounts Management

Thing is, I have had NO transactions to be billed for, nothing shows in my account and certainly no $15. The email address is simply "Mail" rather than my actual address suggesting a mass mailing rather than individual and the "Go to billing Centre" button does not show as a hyperlink.

Is this evidence of another attempted scam or am i missing something?

Bagsey 19:19 14 Feb 04

Delete It.
Then let Ebay worry about it.
This is the sort of email which makes me wish that I could write a virus that would focus on the sender and wreck their computer.

AubreyS 19:20 14 Feb 04

Hi Smiffy.

I had a very similar email a few months ago from "eBay" I sent it to them and they confirmed that it was NOT from them. Contact them if you wish just to satisfy yourself. They'll ask you to send that email to them so they can check it out.

woodchip 19:25 14 Feb 04

Yes but it may not be from the senders Computer they may be using someone else’s comp that's another SPAM SCAM. If it was your comp how would you like it swatting with a virus

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5