Dodgy Display!

Hooshmu 17:56 04 Apr 03

Help needed!
Whenever I boot up my pc (from cold) I notice that my screen size (horizontal & vertical) shifts, causing me to resize the display via the monitors OSD. This also happens when the monitor comes out of standby/power down mode.

I originally thought it was a power reg / signal problem with the monitor but it has been changed twice, so I think that the graphics card is causing this fault. Any ideas?

My spec is as follows:
Monitor: NEC MultiSync FE750+
VGA Card: Hercules 3D Phrophet2MX (Geforce 2 MX, 32MB, SDR)

recap 18:22 04 Apr 03

Can you try another monitor Hooshmu? If you can and the same happens then I would say it is your graphics card.

Hooshmu 00:37 05 Apr 03

Hello recap, I have tried 2 diff monitors since I bought the pc back in Oct 2000! These being a Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 720, which was replaced with another one due to this problem, then the second Mitsubishi was replaced with an equivalent NEC MultiSync FE750+ (which is what I have at the mo). However, I've not tried any non NEC/Mitsubishi monitor.

So i suspect the graphics card. Any idea why this might be happening, as applications, games etc run ok otherwise.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…