dodgy battery dealer

teewhy 08:53 13 Aug 09

has anyone had any dealings with okbatt.co.uk?
I bought a replacement laptop battery from them but it's no good and I can't get in contact with them at all to return it. Foolishly I thought that they might be based in the UK because of the web address, however, they live somewhere in China.
Any news out there?

Technotiger 09:09 13 Aug 09

I saw something about this sort of thing on TV recently - certainly looks like a scam, and you are most likely NOT going to get any further with this.

I am afraid you will have to just put it down to experience! :-(

Technotiger 09:11 13 Aug 09

If you paid by Credit card, you could contact your account holder.

Stuartli 09:50 13 Aug 09

Did you buy it via a website or, say, e-Bay?

Not every Chinese outlet is dodgy - one of my offspring bought a small portable LCD TV on e-Bay which was delivered within a week from China and with which he has had no problems.

In my case I bought a Samsung phone battery which, in turn, was delivered from China. This did prove a little problematic, but the UK representatives immediately refunded the cost AND sent a replacement.

teewhy 11:00 13 Aug 09

Thanks for the replies.
I paid through Paypal and I suppose I did actually receive a battery, albeit no good. I presume my arguement would be with the supplier not Paypal who are a third party interest not a credit card backer.
As Technotiger mentioned; it is going down to experience. I just thought I'd share the gloom and ask if I wasn't the only one.
Thanks again.

woodchip 11:06 13 Aug 09

Contact Ebay, they are the ones who run PayPal About the Scam

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac