dodgy battery dealer

teewhy 08:53 13 Aug 09

has anyone had any dealings with okbatt.co.uk?
I bought a replacement laptop battery from them but it's no good and I can't get in contact with them at all to return it. Foolishly I thought that they might be based in the UK because of the web address, however, they live somewhere in China.
Any news out there?

Technotiger 09:09 13 Aug 09

I saw something about this sort of thing on TV recently - certainly looks like a scam, and you are most likely NOT going to get any further with this.

I am afraid you will have to just put it down to experience! :-(

Technotiger 09:11 13 Aug 09

If you paid by Credit card, you could contact your account holder.

Stuartli 09:50 13 Aug 09

Did you buy it via a website or, say, e-Bay?

Not every Chinese outlet is dodgy - one of my offspring bought a small portable LCD TV on e-Bay which was delivered within a week from China and with which he has had no problems.

In my case I bought a Samsung phone battery which, in turn, was delivered from China. This did prove a little problematic, but the UK representatives immediately refunded the cost AND sent a replacement.

teewhy 11:00 13 Aug 09

Thanks for the replies.
I paid through Paypal and I suppose I did actually receive a battery, albeit no good. I presume my arguement would be with the supplier not Paypal who are a third party interest not a credit card backer.
As Technotiger mentioned; it is going down to experience. I just thought I'd share the gloom and ask if I wasn't the only one.
Thanks again.

woodchip 11:06 13 Aug 09

Contact Ebay, they are the ones who run PayPal About the Scam

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…