dodgy attachment to email

thermo99 13:00 21 May 03

Recently, on downloading my e mail i find that many of them have aquired an attachment, which is rejected by OE (which prevents downloading). The file name of these attachments is ATT 000xx.htm The xx digits changes each time the particular e mail is looked at. Help please.

_Treb_ 13:03 21 May 03

Are you running anti virus software?

desmondo 13:05 21 May 03

I am not saying you should do this, as I don't know what the attachment is or if it is safe. To save or view blocked attachments - forward the email to yourself, as soon as the message is ready, the attachments are available.

stlucia 13:09 21 May 03

If you don't know who the email is from, delete it. Otherwise, email the sender and ask them what the attachment is -- maybe they're unintentionally sending something nasty.

thermo99 13:20 21 May 03

Yes I am using anti virus software which did not detect anything, but then if the attachment is blocked by OE maybe its not visable to the anti virus software.
I have send myself an email from another computer and an attachment becomes added.
Not all emails have an attachment added.

beeuuem 13:22 21 May 03

These files are usually created by receipts from people you have sent mail to sent or if the mail has been forwarded. They give the message path, though they are normally (on my system, anyway) in a text format.

Belatucadrus 14:43 21 May 03

Outlook express has a security feature that stops you accessing files that "Could potentially be a virus" it's fairly general and if you have anti virus easy to disable.
Open OE then click on "Tools" "Options", select the "security" tab and go to the tick box next to "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" tick or not, your choice I disabled it and rely on AVG.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…