Dodgey Motherboard? - Stop Error

GMar205299 22:51 11 Oct 06

About 6 months ago my PC was damaged due to an "electrical spike". I had the motherboard replaced along with other parts. Recently my PC has had Windows "Stop Error" on a blue sreeen. Prior to the repairs my PC was an Advent. Could there be an incompatibility between the old and new parts?

if more information is required please reply and I will try to supply all I can.

woodchip 22:52 11 Oct 06

This sounds like a memory conflict, Have you been loading new software or adding new hardware?

GMar205299 23:03 11 Oct 06

I have added no new hardware other than what I had before the repair (modem, printer, camera). I have only installed updates. I can't think of any new software I've installed.

I have had trouble with connectivity.

woodchip 23:08 11 Oct 06

That sounds like Drivers need updating

GMar205299 23:11 11 Oct 06

How do Identify which drivers need updating?

woodchip 23:20 11 Oct 06

Try first your Display Graphics card driver update

Field Division 23:31 11 Oct 06

Would it be worth or capable of doing as system restore point?

GMar205299 23:37 11 Oct 06

Graphics card driver (NVIDIA)updated last week.

I've tried system restores, but only going back a couple of days. I wouldn't know how far to go back.

woodchip 23:53 11 Oct 06

Check that the Graphics card Fan is working OK not sticking or going slow if it as one. As this will make it crash

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…