Dodgey ink level!!

Dazwm 19:43 20 Jan 04

I have installed the software for my printer and there is a toolbox that gives me the estimated ink levels. Problem is it says both colour and black are full when I know they have nearly run out. Why is this and how will I know for sure?

Glyn-252301 19:48 20 Jan 04

What model printer?
Regards G.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:51 20 Jan 04

If you reinstall software the ink boxes will show as full. Ink is not measured from the quantity in the reservoir but is calculated on usage and changeover.

Glyn-252301 19:56 20 Jan 04

Thats very interesting, would then it be possible to refill a chipped cart. and reinstall software and beat the chip technology. Regards G.

Dazwm 19:57 20 Jan 04

Okay, so I have to just look at the quality of the printing to know when I need new ink?

Dazwm 19:58 20 Jan 04

Also what is the difference between chipped and non-chipped cartridges?

Glyn-252301 20:03 20 Jan 04

A chipped cart. has a silicone chip that follows the use of ink and when empty prevents the cart. being used again even when refilled. Unless you have a gaget called Zap-it that re-programs the chip. Regards G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…