.DOCX ON END OF WORD FILES CAUSING PROBLEMS

ARTY DAN 16:39 13 Mar 07

I installed microsoft office 2007 TRIAL VERSION from the pc advisor dvd (april issue),I created 2 word documents attached to them to an email and sent it. I received a reply the person she asked me to put.doc on the end of the files and resend them. I tried to do this I renamed the files with.doc on the end when I attached them to the email they read C.V.doc.docx
letter of application.doc.docx she wouldn't be able to open these I think it has something to do with the x thats why I think she couldn't open the files in the first place.
Can anyone tell me why this is happening and is there a way round it.

ARTYDAN

VoG II 16:42 13 Mar 07

You need to use File > Save As and save as an earlier version of Word.

Or she needs to install the translator click here

Jake_027 16:45 13 Mar 07

You need to reopen the files in word 2007 and when you save click save as>word 97-2003 document. Then save them and try sendin them again.

For your friend, in order for her to open 2007 documents, providing she has office 2000 or later she can downlad the office 2007 compatibilty pack which can be downloaded click here

Jake

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…