documents and settingss

qwesaws 09:22 26 Jul 09

I need to get access to documents and settings but access is denied how can I get access I am using vista home

mimosa418 09:27 26 Jul 09

Have you enabled Folder ans Search Options/Folder Options/View/Show Hidden Folders.

chub_tor 09:44 26 Jul 09

Are you logged on as an Adminstrator? You probably need to take ownership. Right click Documents, Select Properties, Security and make sure that you have full control, if not select Edit and change it.

qwesaws 08:01 27 Jul 09

how do I enable folder and search options etc

qwesaws 08:17 27 Jul 09

tried all these still no joy incidentally the " documents and settings" folder has an arrow attached to it if this means anything

xania 09:03 27 Jul 09

If the icon has an arrow its a pointer - not the fuile itself. Right click this icon, then <properties> will show you where the folder actually is located. It should be in te root folder of the C:\ drive. Here you will find the icons for the actual folders and its these you need to look at. In each case, right click the icon, select Properties, and make sure that the <Hidden> icon is not ticked. You will then have to drill down and check each lower level folder in the same way.

xania 09:04 27 Jul 09

Sorry typo in first line - fuile means folder. LOL

qwesaws 09:45 27 Jul 09

did that clicking properties didn`t shoe very much
didn`t tell me where folder is located so couldn`t progress thanks anyway

brundle 12:05 27 Jul 09

Vista doesn't have a Documents and Settings folder, the equivalent is the "Users" folder at the root of the drive. The Documents and Settings folder you see is just a junction (similar to a shortcut but more powerful) for compatibility with previous Windows versions. Ignore it and look in the Users folder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…