documents and settings folder vanashed

SJ73 12:25 11 Nov 08

hi hope someone can help. i have done something silly and don't know how to get it back. i was looking to find my thunderbird email inbox. i followd the path c drive etc documents and settings and then you get all useres and then for my the sally user folder. i went into sally folder but couldn't find the next folder. so i thought it might be hidden. so i right clicked, ticked show hidden files on this folder only........and it vanished all that was there was the all useres folder. so i thought i hit the worng button. i went back to the documents and setting folder and done what i thought was the correct show hidden files thinking that i had made the last lot hidden. and the documents and settings folder vanished. so i have stopped and come running scared to here for help. many thanks sally

ambra4 12:41 11 Nov 08

See if this will work - Setting – Control panel – Click Folders Options – Click View Tab

Select “Show Hidden Files and Folders” – Click Apply To All Folders – Click OK

wis 12:53 11 Nov 08

start, my computer, double click c:\ can you see it

SJ73 13:04 11 Nov 08

hey that worked. i new it was something silly. i have now corrected my mistake. many thanks. now all i need to do is to find out how i find and save my emails. i know how to do it with oe. but thunderbird is a how new quest.

many thanks
sally

SJ73 13:06 11 Nov 08

hey i found my email. the reason i have never been able to find it is because the files i needed where hidden.

see you solved a 2 for 1 problem

thanks again
sally

wis 13:07 11 Nov 08

good stuff
dont no dowt about thunderbird sorry

ambra4 13:45 11 Nov 08

Thunderbird is just like OE just better

Glad to hear all working again

Enjoy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…