Documents and settings - confusion

wester john 15:42 13 May 06

A few months ago I reinstalled WINXP +SP2 without reformatting the HD. Everything works fine but I am puzzled about why in Docs & Settings beside my own name as a user there is another folder entitled 'My Name' with a string of 15 digits after it.

I use Eudora as my email client and in Application Data under My Name the attached files and the mail boxes are out of date.

Under 'My Name'+15 digits the attached files are up to date but the mail boxes and address book are out of date

However when I look in Program folders, under Eudora, all the mail boxes and address book are up to date but there are no attached files.

Can anyone suggest a solution, please

mattyc_92 16:14 13 May 06

Check "Start-Control Panel->User Accounts"

Is it listed there?

ade.h 20:51 13 May 06

If it is the result of a user account, it might only be found by running control userpasswords2, which lists hidden accounts.

wester john 21:18 13 May 06

The only user acc listed is My Name Computer Administrator.

wester john 21:20 13 May 06

As I said to matty_c92 the only user is myself as Administrator. How do I run control userpasswords2?

VoG II 21:23 13 May 06

Start, Run, type

control userpasswords2

and click OK.

Take care what you change!

wester john 21:57 13 May 06

I have run control userpasswords2 but can't find any hidden accounts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…