Documents & Settings in W7 64 Bit

David4637 16:15 06 May 11
Answered

I can not open C:\Documents & Settings using Windows Explorer to view the folders and contents – get dialog box “Access Denied” I can access other folders in the C: tree I have not enabled passwords and no other users have a user account. I am the Admin Manager. Please advise how I can not access this folder? Thanks David

Taff™ 17:45 06 May 11

In W7 the documents are in c:\users[your name]\Documents. If you used the Windows Easy Transfer tool thats where they will be. If you open My Computer you`ll see at the top left favourites with a direct link to Documents.

Zeppelyn 19:56 06 May 11

Its because Microsoft think its unsafe for you in there so lock it but as Taff says you can access Documents etc from your User Folder and Explorer links.

David4637 09:19 07 May 11

Thanks both David

bremner 11:19 07 May 11
Answer

Zeppelyn

It is not because MS think it is unsafe.

Documents and Settings in Vista and W7 is a reparse point not a folder.

It simply points to Documents. It is so old applications that have "Documents and Settings" in their programming will still work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…