"The document name or path is not valid"

Hamish I 18:21 24 Jul 06

I am trying to open a pair of documents which were recovered from a floppy using BadCopy. All the others recovered have been able to be opened without difficulty,but these (renamed File 17 and File 18 by BadCopy) bring the following message:
The document name or path is not valid. Try these suggestions.
*check the file permissions for the document or drive.
*use the File Open dialog box to locate the document.
(C:\Documents and Settings\...\File 17.DOC)

I understand none of this and wouldn't know how to "try the suggestions". Can anyone help, please?

VoG II 18:25 24 Jul 06

click here possibly?

Hamish I 23:54 24 Jul 06

I tried the working round suggestions described, but without success, possibly because I have Word 2000. But thanks for the help, anyway.

VoG II 08:43 25 Jul 06
  Hamish I 17:54 25 Jul 06

Thanks again to VoG™. The links were excellent but didn't work for me. I think I'll abandon the attempt, but I'm duly grateful.

Hamish I 18:44 26 Jul 06

To VoG™: despite the above, I returned to the fray, usiing the link which suggests opening in Notepad as "files of any type" and was able to find the document in a form which was somewhat disordered but meaningful to me, so I thank you again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…