Document Compilation/collation Software

FAB1 11:53 AM 05 Aug 11

We run a sales and management training company and produce 100+ delegate manuals in MS Word each week. All of our courses are bespoke but many of the 'topics' or 'chapters' are recurring. At the moment we spend hours 'cut & pasting' chapters from one document to another and I am keen to find software that will allow us to create a central library/index of 'chapters' that can then be selected from a menu to create each unique course manual.

Anyone know of any such software?

Hope this makes sense

wiz-king 18:24 PM 05 Aug 11

Copy each chapter to a separate word document then when you want to do a 'pack' select the documents you want in windows explorer by doing a single click on the first chapter then a shift/click on the next etc, this should high-light all the chapters then you need to right click on any one of the high-lighted and choose print.

Forum Editor 00:10 AM 06 Aug 11

Have a word with these people they sell a document compiler that might be just the thing you're looking for.

FAB1 16:06 PM 11 Aug 11

Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately I need each manual to have an index with page numbers so selecting and printing wont work. I will keep looking!

wiz-king 05:52 AM 12 Aug 11

Then number and page number the chapters, eg 6-1, 6-2 etc. Then you can index them, when you have a non-issued chapter you can index it as 'blank' or 'not issued'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The 14 most useless gadgets of all time: nauseating, crappy and downright silly technology, from a…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November