doctors orders - excel

blackjohn 11:49 21 Sep 04

my doctor has asked me to provide a graph of my blood pressure readings over 'say a two or three week period

I am a complete novice with regards to excel and haven't a clue how to do it.

I would need the X axis to cover from 50 to 180 & to randomnly enter on the y axis the date and time the readings would be taken (i.e. on average i take the readings 3 times a day but it does vary and sometimes i miss a day or two

I would like to display the diastolic pressure in red & the systolic in green and also a dotted line in the same colours to show the average.

is this to 'tall an order' or is it possible

VoG II 12:22 21 Sep 04

To follow convention you should plot date/time on the X (horizontal) and Pressure on the Y axis (vertical).

In Column A enter the date and time of each reading in the format

21/09/2004 10:15:00

Excel should recognise this as a date/time automatically.

Enter the corresponding readings in Columns B and C.

When you have entered all of the data, select it all and click the Chart Wizard toolbar button. This will guide you through creating the graph.

VoG II 12:25 21 Sep 04

Once you have constructed the basic graph we can talk you through the colours, showing the averages, changing the scaling and so on. But I suggest that we proceed one step at a time.

Baledor 12:50 21 Sep 04

when I read your post, which you are welcome to.

end 13:22 21 Sep 04

(am "medically- minded "so..

can I suggest you increase the "range" to read from 40 to 200; if you are going to be taking your blood pressure frequently and often ( how often and who is taking it?), something is "not right" and the readings could well vary beyond your requested paremeters; hopefully your original request will be sufficient, but a wider margin cannot harm the graph ( though may not be too good for your physical health!!)

sorry to butt in,,, carry on "doctoring " excell-wizards::))

VoG II 13:40 21 Sep 04

Excel will scale the graph automatically to fit the range of the data. However, you can then change the scaling as you wish to get a better "look".

blackjohn 15:31 24 Sep 04

thanks for the postings

sorry VoG I always get my X & Y's mixed up.

Baledor If its not too much trouble I will have your 'knocked up version', as I said i am a complete novice with regards to excel and anything which helps me with regards to taxing my 'old' brain would be of help.

I off on holiday for a few weeks from next tuesday and will look at any suggestions more carefully when I get back.

so don't stop the postings as i will try all the suggestions

Baledor 16:53 30 Sep 04

I am not keen to post my email address on a public forum, nor for you to post yours, endless spam awaits those who do! Racking my brains at the mo, to think of a good way of contacting you outside of the forums...any ideas?

VoG II 16:55 30 Sep 04

Click the yellow envelope next to blackjohn's name to e-mail him.

Baledor 10:19 01 Oct 04

blackjohn 11:03 21 Oct 04

Thanks for the updates

just got back off holiday

baledor ........ i've checked my inbox on yahoo but haven't seen anything from you.

have you sent the information???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…