Doctor TCP & Win XP

Zak 12:47 26 Oct 05

I have used Doctor TCP for tweaking MTU & RWIN settings on my old Win98se system with no problems.

However with my new WinXP set up, when I run Doctor TCP it fails to recognise the SpeedTouch 330 ADSL modem.

It recognises the Ethernet card and graphic cards.

Any ideas please - should I be even bothering to tweak the MTU & RWIN values.

I am on the 2Mb Wanadoo Broadband connection and speeds are low 1600 - 1800Kbps.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chegs ® 13:52 26 Oct 05

I have 2Mb Tiscali,my speeds vary between less than 512Kbs(extremely busy net)and 2.2Mbs(very early hours)

I have tried tweaking connection settings,and only differences are dictated by the net usage,and connectivity for online games.

Previous attempts to alter speeds on a lousy Pipex connection,rarely did anything positive,often making it slower so I returned the settings to "defaults"As Pipex repeatedly failed to address the issue,I changed ISP.

I use PC Pitstops "Optimizer" to tweak my present connection(dependant on my requirements)

Your connection isn't bad,all kinds of things can affect it,including how many others are accessing the speedtest site at the same time.If you still feel cheated,then try contacting Wanadoo for advice/suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…