docking station for digital camera

FaerieWings 13:51 07 Mar 03

I have a kodak cx4230 easyshare digital camera. It uses AA batteries by the shed load! I would like to know if any one has a docking station. Does the charge lasty long and also does the camera speed up, because my camera takes ages to get ready to take a shot and in the meantime my photo opportunity has run off!!!

Cordy13 13:58 07 Mar 03

Get yourself a Ni-Mh charger and 2 sets of Ni-MH batteries (2000 mAh capacity) Asda do one for £11.99 but it only comes with 4 1300mAh batteries, however it does allow you to keep one set on trickle charge until required.

FaerieWings 14:05 07 Mar 03

thanks but I have tried rechargables and they do not seem strong enough, they open the shutter slowly and I can only seem to get a few snaps before they give up.

SpyMan²°°­­³ 15:02 07 Mar 03

FaerieWings...are you using normal AA batteries?? eg duracell, energizer etc

You cannot use these in digital camera's!

In the cx4230 you have to use crv3 batteries which are either lithium or NiMH (nickel metal hydride), these are far more powerful and thus last longer.

Stokey 15:14 07 Mar 03

Cordy13's advice is spot-on.

I believe, from what you say, there is a problem with your camera.

Plz come back with how long you have had the camera and for how long you have been experiencing this problem.

Stokey 15:16 07 Mar 03

Sorry SpyMan²°°­­³. Did not read your post properly, yup, you may be rght.

FaerieWings 17:15 07 Mar 03

Thanks guys, yes I have been trying the usual batteries silly me! I don't have an Asda but I looked batteries up in Argos and see the error of my ways! Thanks once again.

Pidder 18:22 07 Mar 03

7day shop had 2000 nihalide on special - don't know if they're stil available

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…