Docking craddle for IDE & SATA H/D

MIKE. 14:31 14 Jan 09

I am trying to purchase a craddle for a 2.5"/3.5" H/D that also allows the use of IDE & SATA all on one device. My reasons for wanting is I often get calls from friends and family to recover lost H/D data. I do not want to spend a small fortune so is there such a thing on the market. Many thanks.

MAJ 14:43 14 Jan 09

Do you mean a USB Drive Enclosure, MIKE.? click here

MIKE. 16:15 14 Jan 09

Thanks MAJ it looks a nice piece of kit. It seems as if I need to order two devices, one for the 3.5" and one for 2.5". again thanks for your help.

Technotiger 16:55 14 Jan 09

click here

Scroll down to last item by myself ...

Technotiger 16:57 14 Jan 09

PS - 5th item down in my above link.

gazzaho 21:20 14 Jan 09

Something like this would suit your purpose better Mike. It may not be as tidy as a cradle but it will do all types of drives the other devices don't cover everything. MAJ's suggestion would mean buying two enclosures, one for 2.5" and one for 3.5" drives and Technotiger's suggestion will only do SATA.

click here

Spark6 23:19 14 Jan 09

TT will probably disagree with you!

gazzaho 23:30 14 Jan 09

Nice one Spark6, I miscounted LOL! Sorry Techno, I blame it on the scroll mouse myself :P

Technotiger 02:04 15 Jan 09

and Technotiger's suggestion will only do SATA.

Wrong !!! My link item does both SATA and IDE!

Technotiger 02:06 15 Jan 09

You're forgiven - I was too quick on the trigger, I did not fully read Spark6's comment! Maybe I type too fast :-))

Technotiger 02:10 15 Jan 09

Just an observation - your link is to a USofA dealer, when I first went to a USofA dealer they said, not sold to outside of USofA.

So my later link was for a UK dealer. I am in UK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…