Do You Want to Allow Microsoft Works Update Detect

SABRE 08:27 24 Nov 03

Keep receiving the above message through Zone Alarm. Any ideas what I should do?

AubreyS 08:32 24 Nov 03

Is this of any use to you?

click here

SABRE 09:07 24 Nov 03

It would seem that by enabling the update, I could also be susceptible to a virus attack. Is it best not to allow?

AubreyS 09:17 24 Nov 03

If it was me, I wouldn't allow.

bremner 09:23 24 Nov 03

This no different than having your Anti Virus / Windows XP etc automatically look for updates.

The best advice as always is ensure your AV is up to date.

SABRE 09:46 24 Nov 03

....are you saying that you would allow? This is where I find, as I am sure plenty of others do, things like ZoneAlarm so confusing. One party says bar, other parties say allow. Think I will stick to the safe bet and not allow.
I do have Norton fully up to date.
Thanks good people!!

Stuartli 11:15 24 Nov 03

Programs that you use regularly to access the Internet can safely be enabled in ZoneAlarm.

You either have Works Update set to check on a regular basis or go to the website frequently to see if there are any; presumably you allow ZA to do this each time without making it a permanent arrangement.

That's why ZA keeps asking you if you wish to allow access.

If you have installed the security patch - if it is appropriate to your version of Works - then you will be OK.

SABRE 11:29 24 Nov 03

....I don't have MS Works on the PC. I do have Office XP, so I presume that it must be something linked to that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…