Do you use 2 Western Digital SATA hdds on RAID 0 ?

Mister Splendid 16:46 16 May 04

Then use the Western Digital Secure Connect SATA hdd cables. I had 1 WD Raptor on an Asus cable and had disconnection problems, so bought 1 of the afforementioned WD cables. Problem solved. I then bought a second Raptor and setup a RAID 0 array and very fast it is too. I did not buy another cable and on Friday the old cable moved a little and lost comunication. The RAID array went down and I have had to reinstall Windows after less than a month. Buy the cables and make life easier for yourself.

P.S. I do not work for Western Digital, any of it's affiliates or the UK importer or any distributors or retailers of Western Digital products!!!

radi8or 17:34 16 May 04

Mister Splendid,

I'll second that, have 2 x 120 W/D Sata drives on my new comp within 3 days one of the Sata cables supplied with my Gigabyte board, came adrift. I bought the Secure connect cables and they are solid, only thing is you have to use molex connectors not Sata ones

I do have 5 case fans throbbing away inside, maybe they blew it off.

Regards Bob

PS I also do not work for Western Digital

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…