Do you think it's W32.NETSKY.B?

Jackie1 03:42 05 Mar 04

I've been sent 2 emails subject: 1) Warning, 2)Something for you. Both were returned by postmaster or so it says. Both have a message at the end 1) says "I know your password" 2) says "Something's is going wrong".
We've been on the symantec website and on the Netsky.B information page these are listed as possible email subjects. Do you think they could've contained a virus or worm?
They were stopped by hotmail and we were unable to open attachments.
Any help would be great???

temp003 07:13 05 Mar 04

Just delete them. Yes, they've been sent by a virus, though probably from another computer with you email address which has been infected. It's very common now.

Even if they are not virus related, but you know you haven't sent these emails, you don't need to read them. You wouldn't miss anything.

Just keep your own AV up to date.

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:14 05 Mar 04

Probably, just like millions of other people but there is no need to worry as the attachments have been stripped out. Just delete them. Even if you do get the virus, it is not serious and triple easy to get rid of.

G

temp003 07:18 05 Mar 04

I've just noticed that you said you "were unable to open the attachment".

Lucky you. Next time, when you receive any email the source of which you have any doubt about, don't open even the emails themselves, and just delete them. Don't let curiosity tempt you, or get concerned that you might somehow miss an important email.

And certainly do NOT try to open any attachment you're not sure about. That's how most computers get infected.

Valvegrid 07:41 05 Mar 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…