Do you love the web, will you help me.

Paul-has-more-of-a-clue...:@) 20:01 28 Feb 06

hello
This is a plea for someone who has the time and inclination to help me successfully launch my website. I started in November, and have slowley inched my way towards one, but I am starting to get a little baffled.
What I need is someone who would spend a few hours on line, with me guiding me through the process. Maybe over a week playing the odd game in between.
So...are you up for the challange. I am currently on hotmail so would be ideal if help was same...
I am as always over to you
Paul

Forum Editor 20:10 28 Feb 06

We can guide you through the process - where do you want to start?

Just wondered if it would be easier to have one on one...

De Marcus™ 20:42 28 Feb 06

50:1 is a much better ratio ;-)

DrScott 23:11 28 Feb 06

Post what you've done here, or any questions about setting up the website. You'll get pretty quick replies, and usually quite a bit of input, plus more than one viewpoint - in a website that's crucial!

Forum Editor 23:42 28 Feb 06

There are a few of us who tend to respond to "what do you think" type threads, and I've found that we complement one another. What one person overlooks, another will spot, and vice versa. We all have our little likes and dislikes, and you'll get suggestions made from various points of view.

Between us I think we're able to handle just about anything however, so why not give it a shot?

Whilst waiting for what seemed like an eternity to move my .com domain from one host to another, I registered .co.uk to myself. When it was not going too well with .com I tried to transfer .co.uk from place where I registered it (easyspace ) to my new host (voda), however I was told I would need to pay easyspace £49 for them to change the IP Tags to ENOM (Voda's thing).
Anyway, whilst I recovered from this news .com 'finally' transfered across to voda.

Ideally I would like my site to be .co.uk, however if this is not possible, can I still put .co.uk in my advertising bumf, but 'guide them to my site (.com), or does .co.uk also have to be 'hosted'

ade.h 13:08 01 Mar 06

You would need somewhere to host the uk domain name, with a page of redirect code. Someplace cheap and and basic is all that you need. Shop around and don't pay more than about £20 per annum for this particular use, as bells and whistles are not needed.

DrScott 16:14 01 Mar 06

You can point your domain to another one without having to transfer the thing. So if you own the co.uk domain name already, you just have to go to the control panel for whichever company hosts that name, and point the co.uk domain name to your current webspace. It's usually free to do that.

I think I should keep trying to launch .com for now and worry about .co.uk once I am up and running

Forum Editor 21:02 01 Mar 06

and you are right to be shocked. It really makes me mad when I see examples of such blatant profiteering.

Is the dotcom name now with its permanent host?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…