Do you know your Thunderbird? log on identities

myfoot 15:06 30 Apr 07

Just installed Thundrbird 2.o on a friends machine and was surprised because I was unable to find domething equivalent to Oultook Expresses "Identities". In O.E. this enables 2 people to use it, with 2 seperate identities. User B does not see the mail of user A and vice a versa, B doses not see A's. When O.E. is started it asks "which isentity" then user A enters his/her pwd, it opens and they see only user A's email,folders, and use only user A's account for sending receiving. If this is not possible in Thunderbird, I will have to revert his machine to O.E. Myself I use Opera.
thanks.
machine is XP, but I don't want to go down the route of 2 XP user accounts if possible to avoid.

beynac 15:50 30 Apr 07

You can use different profiles: click here

Jack Hackett 15:51 30 Apr 07

I seem to think you have to set up another 'profile'
click here

Why are you against setting up another user account in XP?

myfoot 16:02 30 Apr 07

From a quick read of those links and presuming one of you is still on the board. The do allow you to open Thunderbird with various profiles, but I don't see the rquirement to enter a pssword to open the profile. Have I missed it. Another user account in XP, well it just easier to use O.E. to achieve the same thing. Will be doing this in 2 hours.

beynac 16:28 30 Apr 07

Sorry, but I don't know if there's a way of setting a password for each Thunderbird profile.

myfoot 07:36 01 May 07

Thanks for the replies. DSL is down here since 16.25 yesterday so was unable to reply, now on dial-up. Now do I set up user accounts in XP or O.E. I suppose user accounts is the way to go allright. Don't have to use them myself so am new to it.
thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…