Do you know the Packard Bell Wireless Password?

Flowersandme 14:41 08 Aug 07

Hi, I have been trying for weeks to get my laptop wireless and have still not managed it! Everything seems ok until I try to connect to the wireless device and nothing happens. I have put in all the passwords required, however SKY have now told me that I need the wireless password for Packard Bell which is stored within my laptop. There is nothing in the manual which indicates this! Please could anyone help - I am tired of looking at all these wires and being tied to logging on in a small corner far, far away!!

Technotiger 14:43 08 Aug 07

If the password is within your lappie, download and run SIW click here then look in Secrets in the left-hand column.

Flowersandme 16:35 08 Aug 07

Thanks Technotiger. I carried out your suggestion which gave me a rather long mixture of letters and numerics alongside the wireless network info. Do you or anyone elso know where/how I enter or delete the password (if that is what it is!)? I have the SSID and Network Key so assume these do not change. Thanks.

Technotiger 16:52 08 Aug 07

Did you look in Secrets, in the left-hand column of SIW? That is where you will find your Passwords.

Technotiger 17:08 08 Aug 07

Or have your tried "Admin" without the quotes, as the password?

Technotiger 17:11 08 Aug 07

Also, courtesy of Google, you might find an answer here, seems you are not alone ...

click here

Flowersandme 08:19 09 Aug 07

When I run the SIW software it shows a long list of numers and letters which are apparently the network key for the SSID that I am trying to use. However, I have entered this when trying to log on wirelessly and still nothing happens. Is there a way to delete the password from my laptop so that I can quite simply log on using the SSID and network key that corresponds with my netgear hardware?

Technotiger 10:55 09 Aug 07

Hmm, you might get more informed help if you tick this thread as resolved and then enter it again in the Networking section (on the left). I am afraid I am not so familiar with networking problems, and although I would like to, I don't feel I can offer you any further sensible assistance.

Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…