Do you have Windows Home Server?

BaboonBoy22 15:30 20 Sep 10

I'm planning on putting together a home server, mainly for media sharing. I was just thinking about a NAS but then I came across Windows Home Server (I had never seen it till now).
Has anyone had experience with it? It sounds like it's good for backing up, but what are the media sharing and other features like?

I know there's reviews and blurb on the net about WHS but its always nice to hear some first hand experiences.

ashleycardwell94 20:59 20 Sep 10

i am currently using windows server 2003 and it has options to use it for windows media server and a file server. these are just two of many options and with windows sever, you can have loads of machines around the house and be able to log into any of them and get all of my documents just by logging in. I have used it to stream videos to other machines around my home.

BaboonBoy22 14:28 21 Sep 10

Is that SBS 2003? Yea we use that at work.
This is what I was looking at:
click here

BaboonBoy22 17:28 22 Sep 10

It looks like I'm flogging a dead horse here lol. But if anyone could enlighten me once more.
Is WHS a standalone OS or does it piggyback on an existing one? From what I've read I'm a tad unclear

ashleycardwell94 09:56 19 Oct 10

Im talking about Windows Server 2003 Enterprise edition.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…