//some 3rd party need geo

Do you have to be with Tiscali to use their modems

plsndrs3 09:24 05 Jul 05

Hi,

I have a friend who has recently left Tiscali after the minimum contract and was allowed to keep their modem [sagem]. I have been asked whether this can access the internet on another computer with a new ISP they have signed up with.
I am not sure as I have AOL broadband and this will only link you directly into AOL and you obviously need an account with them. You can't, for example, launch Firefox without first launching AOL.

Does anyone know if this is possible? They already have broadband as I said & they want to use the 'extra' modem & filter on an extension with another PC rather than my suggestion of buying a router.

TIA

Regards,

Paul

Stuartli 09:47 05 Jul 05

There's no reason why any ADSL modem shouldn't work with AOL or any other BB provider - in the case of the Sagem 800-840 you may have to check with AOL which driver to install from the menu which first comes up when installing.

Completealias 12:14 05 Jul 05

I agree you should just be able to install the drivers for the modem and then setup a network connection for the new ISP using your username and password

plsndrs3 13:01 05 Jul 05

Many thanks - ticked as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…