Do registry check resolve hanging?

BRFCIDB 10:35 12 Jan 08

You may have seen from my other thread I am having problems with PC freezing. I have had lots of help on this forum(thank you) however as a last ditch effort I have run "Uniblue" reg booster and it found 641 errors.

Could this help the freezing or do they inflate the number to get you to buy?

Thanks

Ian

birdface 11:21 12 Jan 08

If you have plenty of patience you could try Winaso Optimizer free trial normally lasts for a year.The only problem is that it will only repair 10 items at a time.It does an automatic back up and has a registry defrag on it,I use it on my computer with C cleaner using them at different times.I would recommend it but whether it will stop freezing I do not know.

birdface 11:21 12 Jan 08

Oops pressed to early.click here

birdface 11:27 12 Jan 08

Not my morning I should have said that you can run it as often as you like.I suppose you have checked the air vents are not clogged up with dust and fluff,And it is also clean inside.When it freezes have you tried pressing Ctrl Alt and delete at the same time takes you in to Task manager and under processes have a look to see what is using most of the CPU System Idle Service should be showing about 97% any other let us know what.

eedcam 12:49 12 Jan 08

Is it coming up as not responding first

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:52 12 Jan 08

Do registry check resolve hanging?

Most of the time No.

BRFCIDB 19:42 13 Jan 08

Thanks very much for your help.

My patience has run out, its time to buy a new base unit, but thanks for all your help

Ian

birdface 13:37 14 Jan 08

I would try Winaso.It does make your computer run a bit faster.Worth a try it's free.And anything running in Task Manager that should not be.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5