Do MP3 CD Players pause between tracks?

Martinsonline 00:20 20 Sep 03

I am seriously considering buying an MP3 CD Walkman, but before I do, I just want to find a little something out. When Windows Media Player plays MP3 CDs, there is a slight pause between tracks. This is very irritating as I listen to Dance CDs with tracks that are mixed together. (Anyone with a Ministry of Sound CD will know what I mean). Do MP3 CD Players pause between tracks, or do they change tracks smoothly, like normal CD Players do?

Jim'll Fix I.T. 08:14 20 Sep 03

MP3 CD players tend to pause between tracks because they have to 'load' the next track to play back.

One way round this for DJ mix CDs is to encode the entire CD as one track then the MP3 CD player will play it as one continious track without pausing.

Hope that makes sense, bit of a hangover!!!

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:22 20 Sep 03

There are burning progs that will do this and they usually cost around $ here is on that is well used in the music biz.

Smiler 10:09 20 Sep 03

I have a Pine D'music mp2 cd player and there are no gaps between mp3 tracks when playing mp3 cd's

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…