do monitors need drivers??

Ikelos 12:19 23 Aug 08

Hi, I have an old evesham desktop PC, nailed to it is a Dell monitor, which works fine. I have just got a iiyama prolite E 435s, when I plug it into the PC it is just a smeary mess, it is so bad that I can not read anything which is on the screen. any idea's?

Thanks

GRIDD 12:29 23 Aug 08

Plug and Play, so no but they are available.

Perhaps check the port pins for damage, ensure cable is secured and lastly adjust your display settings, it may be out of range for the new monitor.

Pineman100 12:30 23 Aug 08

There's a solution on this forum that seems to have worked for several people: click here

Scroll down to the two posts by numbnutjas. Note that his first post misses out some information - his second one corrects this.

See if it works for you.

Ikelos 12:33 23 Aug 08

thank you both for the help, i will try it out..

DieSse 13:19 23 Aug 08

No monitors do not need, nor do they have drivers.

What they do have is .inf files which list the resolutions and refresh rates at which they operate - and sometimes colour profiles.

What's probably happened is the refresh rate/resolution setting is not one your ilyama supports.

Try starting in safe mode,then adjusting the refresh rate down to 60Hz, which is the standard refresh rate for LCD monitors.

Of course the monitor may be faulty!

Ikelos 15:01 23 Aug 08

thanks for all the help, I have nailed it to the laptop so I have two screens, it was so fuzzy when on the evesham that nothing could be read from the screen. anyway, thank you all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos