Do laptops purchased in US recharge here?

gloonash 18:05 25 Nov 07

My husband is off to the states next spring and I have seen a better selection of tablet pcs on offer there (and much better prices!).
Is it feasible to bring one back or not? I am concerned about recharging.

woodchip 18:09 25 Nov 07

Most Mains Laptop Adapters are multi Volts. But you should check first. As I think US is on 110volts

gloonash 18:19 25 Nov 07

Thanks woodchip - you have made my day. I will be checking with the US websites before he leaves!

ambra4 18:48 25 Nov 07

You should not have any problems with buying a tablet pc in the US and using in the UK, as all laptop Computers use a 100-240 volts power supply the only difference is the electrical plug in the difference country.

You will have to purchase an American 3-Pin to UK 3-Pin Mains Power Adaptor Converter

click here

Coffee Adict 18:48 25 Nov 07

Just one small note, don't expect any warranty backup if it goes wrong.

gloonash 19:13 25 Nov 07

thanks Coffee Addict I hadn't thought about that - things I buy usually break a couple of months after the warranty runs out!!
Thanks for the link Ambra I have added it to my favourites in case I decide to risk the warranty issues - which I have to admit is probably the case because I can't see anything that has the features at a comparable price!!

octal 19:18 25 Nov 07

It's worth asking about the warranty because there are a lot of companies that offer world wide warranties, Olympus is one, we asked when we bought a camera in the US this year.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…