Do I Upgrade my PC or buy a new one? Valuation req

jonathanleigh 02:19 11 Jun 15

Why Are You Upgrading: I am having low frames on games such as FSX due to the fact I have an AMD CPU and GPU.

Here is my current spec: AMD FX8350 4.0GHz, ARCTIC Freezer Xtreme CPU Fan, ASUS R9 280X 3GB, 1TB Seagate HDD x2, 250GB Samsung SSD x1 (Set up today), ASUS M5A97 R2.0 MoBo, 8GB 1600MHz RAM (I think its corsair), Zalman Z11 Plus Case, Samsung SH-224DB DVDRW Drive, Corsair CX600 Power Supply, Windows 7 Home Premium (Which isn't activated since I installed the SSD?),

Please can you suggest how much the PC I have currently costs bearing in mind only one of the 1TB hard drives and the SSD were recently purchased. In your opinion do you think it is worth me spending £665 on basically rebuilding the PC or spending £1400 on a PC with the following spec (which is what I would be upgrading to anyway):

Intel i7-4790k OC to 4.6GHz, Corsair Hydro H100 CPU Fan, EVGA GTX 970 4GB SSC, 2TB Seagate HDD x1, 250GB Samsung SSD x1, Asus Z97-P MoBo, 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133MHz, NZXT Phantom 410 White, Samsung SH-224DB DVDRW Drive, Corsair RM550 Power Supply, Windows 7 Home Premium, Creative Labs Audigy FX 5.1 Gaming Soundcard, And a few LED's because we all love them

The Specs above come from SCAN's custom PC building service and they offer a 3 year warranty with any upgrades and repairs for free with a 3 day build and delivery time. So would it be cheaper selling my current PC or buying the new one?

jonathanleigh 02:19 11 Jun 15

for some reason this is a duplicate post?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017