Do I really need Spybot

otubby1 21:44 01 May 03

Just seen a thread about Spyware and downloaded Spybot just in case. I am running PC Cillin as my antivirus, which has a firewall. Should I still install Spybot??

monkeyshine 21:46 01 May 03

Run it, see how much it detects then make up your own mind!

Nellie2 22:50 01 May 03

I have spybot and adaware....I run them both along with my antivirus and firewall.

obbit 23:24 01 May 03

you could do better by uninstalling pc cllin and downloading the free version of AVG anti virus

click here

regards

obbit

Mango Grummit 08:35 02 May 03

I once transferred material on CD from the one machine I had running AVG to one one of the other two both running PC-cillin (came with the motherboards) and found two infections that AVG had not picked up. No prizes for guessing which AV is now on all machines.

otubby1 11:26 02 May 03

I think I've got to go with Mango Grummit on the anti virus line. I first got it from the Halifax BS for online banking and found it's the first one I've used in over five years that hasn't caused me a system problem. It just doesn't seem to clash with anything, unlike Norton.

emperor 13:49 02 May 03

It is definitely worth looking at the extra tools included in the current version of Spybot. There might be something not covered by your other programs.
It showed me, for example, that I had a problem in my communications setup that I was not aware of.

otubby1 20:44 02 May 03

Thanks Emperor, I'll do that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…