do I really have to 'Log out'

mec13 23:43 16 Oct 05

I've got to admit that the 'log out' link at the top of this forum isn't always clicked on, when I've finished reading this forum. I just simply click on the 'home button' to move on, or close down via the red cross button.

Of course 'logging out' is the correct way when leaving a secure site, banking etc, but surely not for forums, unless the subject is of a dubious, or delicate matter!

Of course if it 'is' the etiquette way of doing things then so be it, I will change my ways.

Forum Editor 23:57 16 Oct 05

to change your ways.

mec13 23:58 16 Oct 05

Thanks FE

uisquebeathus 18:10 01 Nov 05

it is only polite and good manners and good manners and politeness cost nothing

Forum Editor 18:31 01 Nov 05

we've slightly altered the way it works. If you log out you'll have to login manually next time you visit us, but..................

If you left-click on your username when you're logged in you'll be presented with your profile, and there's an 'auto-login' option. Tick that and your computer will remain logged in, as long as you don't use the 'log out' link. Instead, just close your browser, and next time you visit you'll find you're already logged in.

stalion 19:09 01 Nov 05

it's magic

mec13 20:54 01 Nov 05

trying to be sarcastic cost nothing as well, uisquebeathus!

CurlyWhirly 21:34 01 Nov 05

On the old PCA forum, I had to log in whether I logged out or not.

I *much* prefer this new 'auto-login' feature!

LILYROY 10:53 08 Nov 05

I cant get drivers in.I put in cd,it says it has loaded driver,but when i plug in camera it says it can't find drivers.
I'm on xp home,webcamis Vimicro usb pc camera,
I catch(v1)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…