Do I need...32mb..64mb..128mb G/card

mosfet 19:08 04 Jul 05

Grandson cannot install 2 new games.98se is saying he must have a better card.

Mobo is Jetway 663as pro..128mb ram.(x4 agp).Will an x8 card be ok?

What do we need please? Not for top notch games,thigs like Leggo Star Wars.

Thanks Les

ICF 19:29 04 Jul 05

Yes it should work but only at 4 speed and not 8

I have just bought one of click here and it plays all the games I've thrown at it.I'm not saying it's the best card or anythings but for £45 it does a good job.

Alan H E 19:30 04 Jul 05

Go to Crucial's site (haven't a link) and they will tell you what you need to know.

gudgulf 19:35 04 Jul 05

Ok, an AGP8x card will work fine...when it comes to memory you will probably find that your choice is limited to 128MB or 256MB.128MB will be plenty enough.You should really add some more ram memory to the pc too as the 128MB you have will not be enough for modern games....You need at least 256MB but preferably 512MB (which is the maximum that Win98 will work with)

I am assuming that the processor is not that powerful so you would be best looking at a card like this click here

The reason I point at an ATI 9600pro is that I have one in a machine that has Lego StarWars on it (with a 2.4GHZ P4 processor) so I know that this card will easily play that particular game.There are many other cards out there but this would be the maximum price/performance card I would be looking at.

Please note the minimum reqirements for the game state that Win98 is not supported.

System Requirements

The minimum system requirements are as follows:

IBM PC or 100% compatible
Microsoft Windows 2000/Windows XP (admin rights required)
(Windows® 95/98/ME/NT not supported)
CPU: Pentium III 1GHz (or Athlon equivalent)
RAM: 256 MB System Memory
GRAPHICS: 100% DirectX 9 compatible 32meg Direct3D Card with Pixel Shader Support
SOUND: 100% DirectX 9 compatible Sound Card
HARD DRIVE: 500MB free disk space
INPUT DEVICES: Keyboard (Joypad preferable)

The recommended system requirements are as follows:

CPU: Pentium 4 2.4GHz or Athlon XP equivalent
RAM: 256 MB
GRAPHICS: 100% DirectX 9 compatible Direct3D Card with Pixel Shader Support and 64MB Video RAM
SOUND: 100% DirectX 8.1 compatible Sound Card
DirectX9.0c supplied with game.

mosfet 20:24 04 Jul 05

Very grateful to all of you.Yes on that game it was XP,but the other (can't think what)was for 98 but still to same error.I think we will have to put them on parents PC,but will still need the new card.

Thank you again Les.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…