Do I Need To Worry About These

GuZ><0r 00:29 20 Nov 05

I have sygate personal firewall and the toolbar has flashed several times today. I ahve looked at the log and the following things have come up;

Active Response - Severity=major

Port Scan - Severity=Minor

Are these things that I should be worried about or just forget about them.

griffon 56 01:41 20 Nov 05

Tho' I'm not familiar with Sygate, the Zone Alarm firewall I use flags up attempts to gain access by port scans and direct approaches all the time, but it blocks them one and all. For example, since I upgraded to the latest version recently there have been 6604 attempts to gain access, 470 of which Zone Alarm considered serious. I don't know whether Sygate informs you as ZA does when an attempt is made, but what you report sounds to me like the firewall doing its stuff. Anybody else got any comment?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:23 20 Nov 05

sygate is blocking attempts its doing its job ignore it.

wilco33 11:35 20 Nov 05

I use sygate & get these flash warnings frequently.No need to worry about them.You can check who's scanning your ports,attempted hijack etc by going to:click here You'll get info there on most I.P. adresses you see in your security log.

ACOLYTE 11:59 20 Nov 05

Most probably your ISP doing the port scan,mine does it a lot.

palinka 12:48 20 Nov 05

I use sygate; what it's doing sound OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…