Do I need separate sound card for TV

Tittlemouse 17:35 05 May 03

could someone please tell me if I need a separate sound card installed before I can use the television card I have aquired. My computer uses a Soltex Socket A Mainboard which has sound already installed. The television card is an AVerMedia TVCapture 98. Windows ME. If I do have to buy a new sound card can I install it without regard to the one already installed. Thank you in anticipation..

graham√ 17:40 05 May 03

Have you got a socket 'line in' anywhere? If so, use that for the TV card.

Tittlemouse 17:45 05 May 03

Graham, could you be a bit more specific regarding 'line in' anywhere please

graham√ 17:47 05 May 03

Round the back (if you'll pardon the expression) where things like keyboard and mouse plug in.

Tittlemouse 17:52 05 May 03

There is one or two symbols that I do not know what they are but nothing that says 'line in'.

graham√ 17:54 05 May 03

OK, look for 'mic' or a picture of a microphone.

Tittlemouse 17:55 05 May 03

This line in Graham. If I have one, does that mean that I could connect the TV card to this 'line in' In other words does the 'line in' connect to the internal sound?..

Tittlemouse 17:55 05 May 03

I have a picture of a microphone.

graham√ 18:08 05 May 03

Yes, connect the line out on the TV card to the microphone socket. You will have to go in control panel 'sounds and audio' advanced to un-mute and set the volume.

Tittlemouse 18:13 05 May 03

Thank you very much Graham I will have a go at it now and see if I can make it work. If it does I shall send you a big orange at christmas. Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…