Do I need to scan individual accounts

StellaArtois63 14:40 18 Oct 04

I regulary scan my computer using my Nortons Anti Virus and I regulary use Spybot.I have 4 accounts on my pc, one me, wifey and one each for the boys. I was recently looking at threads and saw that someone had liked the fact that the new Ad-Aware SE Personal edition now scans registry branches of multiple user accounts. Does this mean that when I have done these checks it is only scanning my account or all of them.Do I need to do the checks on individual accounts or is the entire PC being checked accross all 4 accounts. Also do I need to d/load Ad-Aware or does spybot do the same job.Many thanks StellaArtois63

118-118 Got Your Number 16:04 18 Oct 04

I believe Ad-Aware does the whole registry especially if you choose the option to do a 'deep scan' but beware this will take longer to scan depending on how much stuff is on your PC.

Not sure to what depth SpyBot goes to but using both in tandem (like most of us) you are pretty much covered. Keep downloading the updates regularly (check weekly) and all should be fine.

Norton AV doesn't look for spyware only viruses.

Jackcoms 16:16 18 Oct 04

StellaArtois63

I also have 4 accounts. NAV will check registry branches of all four, so only one of you needs to be logged in.

As far as malware is concerned, I regularly scan with AdAware, Spybot and a2.

I have found that the answer is to undertake just one scan, but ensure that all 4 users are logged in.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac