Do I need to run Spyware Blaster?

CurlyWhirly 21:07 23 Jul 04

I know that it says in the 'Help' file of SPYWARE BLASTER under 'Enabling Protection' and I quote "Spyware Blaster does not need to remain open for it's protection to be active!"

What I find strange is that when you click on the Spyware Blaster icon (and all the definitions load) and you minimize it to the Windows taskbar on Windows Task Manager there is a process called spywareblaster.exe along with the Spyware Blaster running in the application table.

But if you DON'T run it the spyware blaster.exe process NEVER runs in Windows Task Manager so how can the program be running in the background?
CW

stalion 21:40 23 Jul 04

I have copied this explanation for you from a spyware blaster forum." SB does this by setting a so called kill-bit in the Registry, preventing all ActiveX based Spyware, adware, browser hijackers and dialers in its database to install in the first place". So this is why it does not need to be running,but it is very important to keep it updated regularly.Regards

GaT7 21:42 23 Jul 04

How does SpywareBlaster work if a process is not running? click here. HTH, G

CurlyWhirly 21:44 23 Jul 04

Stalion

Cheers for that mate - I understand now!
By the way sorry for the misunderstanding the other day on another thread!
My fault 100%!
CW

CurlyWhirly 21:49 23 Jul 04

Crossbow7 & Stalion

I now realise that I don't need to run it as I have been doing for weeks now!
I will just do as you both say and check for updates on a regular basis!
CW

stalion 21:57 23 Jul 04

all the best

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…