Do I need a replacement Modem?

thumbscrew 21:38 15 Dec 10

I've posted this before but there's been a development, so I'll give it one more go. Whenever I burn music files on to a blank cd, or copy a DVD using Roxio Creator, when it's finished my internet connection is turned off. To reconnect I have to close down, reboot and then I can reconnect.This is something that has only recently started to happen and it only does it when burning with Roxio.To me, the culprit must be Roxio or a faulty Modem.Talk Talk my ISP are sending me another Modem in the next few days. but I'm not keen on messing about with it if it's Roxio causing the problem. Anyone got opinions?

lotvic 22:40 15 Dec 10

No harm in using the test modem.
If internet connection doesn't turn off when you start using the test modem from talktalk you will know it's not Roxio and must be your old modem.

Does the modem (or is it a router?)lose it's internet connection?
Why do you have to close down, reboot pc before you can reconnect?

woodchip 22:53 15 Dec 10

This my guess and may be connected, as you are burning a CD or DVD the Roxio Program May have settings like Nero for checking the net for info thinking that they may have copyright, you should be able to turn this off in ROXIO. If it cannot find nothing it may be throwing a tantrum and switch your modem off. Just a Guess

woodchip 22:54 15 Dec 10

In Nero its just before you start burning, so keep a eye open

thumbscrew 22:55 15 Dec 10

Thanks both...the internet connection only drops when I use Roxio. It's a wired modem and when it goes I get one of the two green lights blinking red.I don't know why I have to reboot to reconnect, but that's the only way I can get it back.

thumbscrew 23:00 15 Dec 10

Thanks Woodchip, I'll check that now, but I've been burning for years with no problems....it's a recent occurrence.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5