Do I need to replace the screen inverter?

walesrob 13:06 10 Jan 11

Hi, hope someone can confirm my suspicions:

I have a Fujitsu Li3910 notebook click here

Screen flashes to very low light at random intervals. There’s no pattern to when it happens - I could be surfing the net, using I Tunes, copying files on to a USB stick, etc. When the flashing happens, the screen just dips to very low light - I can still see the display, however it’s very dark. These flashes very often are very short, often barley a second, often shorter.

A couple of other pointers; watching any video on You Tube, I notice lack of detail sometimes when theres any movement in a video, example pop videos. Also, again this points to a problem with power in the laptop is the battery life can be measured in minutes - literally within a few minutes of turning on the machine, the battery runs flat.

I'm quite sure the LCD panel is fine as there is no distortion, colour bleed or errors of display (i.e. pixelating), only low light flashes.

All other aspects of the laptop is fine, just the display and the battery, which I think could be linked?

I've emailed Fujitsu, they've given me the usual we can't tell you, you need to bring it in, at a great cost, blah, blah. Looked on Ebay, nothing, but I have been given a number of a supplier of these inverters.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:33 10 Jan 11

Certainly sounds like the invertor is going.
but its also worth checking for bad connections

birdface 20:04 10 Jan 11

Plug it into another monitor and see if it works Ok on that.

woodchip 20:36 10 Jan 11

Does this Happen when in BIOS or Safe Mode if left running. I would try both these options first

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…