Do I need to reformat??

zeppman 17:25 06 Dec 08

I am having various PC probs.No list for drivers showing in device manager,ATI driver brings up a message everytime I boot up saying it is either not working or not installed.When I try some updates I have had messages saying the windows update client is not working??
would a format be the best option instead of spending time sorting out all these problems.

Technotiger 17:41 06 Dec 08

Assuming you are using XP and that you have your original XP disc, I would first try a Repair. or you could run scannow which is another way of doing a general repair, or you could re-install XP without doing a re-format. The choice is yours.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:07 06 Dec 08

Personally I would bite the bullet and do a complete re-install. The amount of problems you have would overwhelm a repair.

G

zeppman 20:04 06 Dec 08

I will put everything I want to save onto one of my other drives and do a clean install .will this sort the problem with Windows installer?

woodchip 20:11 06 Dec 08

May not, as above I would try a Repair first. Start Computer with XP CD then choose Install it will look for any OS on your Drive when it finds XP click on it then Press R

AL47 20:22 06 Dec 08

id reformat, it doesnt take many problems for me to do it, the more regularly u do it, the easier it is each time!

birdface 20:48 06 Dec 08

Try this its free.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5