Do I need RealDownload

trying 16:18 27 Oct 11

Do I really need to have Realplayer on my XP? would downloads work faster? I get cut off when my dial-up reaches 2hrs, so any large files I lose.

gengiscant 16:33 27 Oct 11

I doubt you need Real Player but I cannot see why it should effect your downloads anyway. Why are you on dial up by the way?

trying 16:48 27 Oct 11

I don't use the PC very much. Thought Broadband might be too expensive?

Belatucadrus 20:34 27 Oct 11

I use a download manager on non broadband PCs, not because of any supposed speed increase but because as you correctly state the two hour limit kills downloads via the browser. A download manager means you can stop, store and resume later should you wish. That said I can't stand Real products, try Download Express simple small and does the job.

gengiscant 04:33 28 Oct 11

Real player, I'm sure,is not a download manager, it's a media player so would not have any effect on downloads. But as Belatucadrus quite rightly state a download manager such as he suggest might be useful.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Driverless cars in the UK - The story so far: How Google and the UK Government are looking to test…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

You can now publish data visualisations to the web from Power BI

Complete guide to Apple's campus 2, everything we know about the new spaceship HQ, plus: new drone…