Do I need RealDownload

trying 16:18 PM 27 Oct 11

Do I really need to have Realplayer on my XP? would downloads work faster? I get cut off when my dial-up reaches 2hrs, so any large files I lose.

gengiscant 16:33 PM 27 Oct 11

I doubt you need Real Player but I cannot see why it should effect your downloads anyway. Why are you on dial up by the way?

trying 16:48 PM 27 Oct 11

I don't use the PC very much. Thought Broadband might be too expensive?

Belatucadrus 20:34 PM 27 Oct 11

I use a download manager on non broadband PCs, not because of any supposed speed increase but because as you correctly state the two hour limit kills downloads via the browser. A download manager means you can stop, store and resume later should you wish. That said I can't stand Real products, try Download Express simple small and does the job.

gengiscant 04:33 AM 28 Oct 11

Real player, I'm sure,is not a download manager, it's a media player so would not have any effect on downloads. But as Belatucadrus quite rightly state a download manager such as he suggest might be useful.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…