Do I need only one media player

NormanD 16:03 07 Mar 03

Hello all,
I am in the process of spring cleaning my system. At the moment I have three media players installed - Windows Media Player, Quick Time Player & Real One Player. Can anybody please tell me if I need them all, can one of these players read all formats. Can I delete two of them or is there a universal player out there that will replace the lot.
Thanks in advance

Simon_P 16:45 07 Mar 03

It depends what media you want to play WMP will run most but you will need real and quick for some formats.

Hope this helps

Lead 16:48 07 Mar 03

I survive very well on Media Player and Quicktime. Never did like Real Player - too much information was required to install it and it's very intrusive.

zinnie 17:36 07 Mar 03

NormanD,
unless you are really short of space I would
keep all three.
If you are into audio/video on the web, then
you will need them as some sites only offer you
one as the player to use.
Alas, there is no universal player.

leo49 17:42 07 Mar 03

Beg to differ, but Cowon JetAudio plays them all.I use the extension version which costs a small amount but it's worth it.

Regards

NormanD 20:12 07 Mar 03

Wow that was quick. I just went for dinner and when I got back there were four replies. Thanks for your help, I'm not short of space but I'll give the Jet Audio a try.
Thanks again
Norman

leo49 20:16 07 Mar 03

The free version apparently is ad-supported - not sure how intrusive they are or what form they take.

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…