Do I need a new soundcard?

virtuathesect 09:38 12 Feb 07

I've recently migrated my hard drive and soundcard into a new system and am having problems with sound playback. My spec is as follows:

P4 3ghz 533fsb
512mb ddr2 800mhz ram
foxconn p9657aa mobo 533/800/1066fsb
Creative Audigy Platinum (PCI)
Radeon 9250 128mb (PCI)
40gb hard drive (not SATA)

Sounds play fine in windows media player but when i play them from music apps like sound forge and cubase sx3 the sound clips and pops and doesn't play properly. I've tried updating the drivers from creative website, disabling the onboard sound of the mobo, reducing the graphics card acceleration and checking IRQs and DMA settings but nothing seems to make any difference. When installing the mobo drivers, however, it was a 1 click setup that contained audio drivers - could these be conflicting? Should I get a PCI-E graphic card? Should I get a non-creative soundcard? Do I need more ram? Am I missing something obvious? Any ideas?

citadel 20:16 12 Feb 07

try putting the sound card in a slot as far away from the graphics card as you can.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…