do i need a new printhead?

milmomaggins 14:10 01 May 05

my printer has stopped printing properly - it does colours fine, but the black doesn't work very well - the ink cartridge is still pretty full so i think it might be the printhead. when i print black it comes out liney and blue or purple... have tried cleaning the printheads too and it still isn't working properly.

any ideas anyone??

Completealias 14:19 01 May 05

What printer is it make and model. Some printers have the print heads built into the cartridges and some have seperate print heads. If its one built into the cartridge then fine just replace the cartridge and away you go if its the other type then I believe it would cost you far more to have the print head replaced than buy a new printer.

Others may have tips on how to try and clean it though

milmomaggins 14:22 01 May 05

it is an HP business inkjet 2230 with the printheads separate from the cartridges.

apparently the printheads would be £20-£35 to replace.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:26 01 May 05

Go through the print head cleaning routine at least half a dozen times on the trot and then sse if the print quality has improved.

jack 14:31 01 May 05

We do neet to know the printer make model.

As a general guide Canon/HP/Lexmark family are bubble jets, where the print head is integral with the ink tank- In which simply replace that cartridge.

Some Canon models do have a separatble tank so either/or are replaceable.

Epson have heads built into the machine.
In this case it is nearly always -new printer
labour coasts being more than a new printer.
However. you could try one or two tricks with either type of printer.
Take an old cartridge -pierce the refill hole and introduce DISTILLED WATER. Use this for repeated
cleaning cycles.
Additionally you could add [10%] alchohol[vodka or Prop Alcho if you can get it]
You have nothing to lose.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…