Do I need a new Browser?

1936 11:06 AM 23 Apr 11

Reading PCA I came across an article about MS trying to kill off Internet Explorer 6.0 again. I checked and found that I ma running version 8.0 Does that mean I am allright?

johndrew 13:38 PM 23 Apr 11

Yes. IE8 is the latest version released.

maggotdrowner 17:12 PM 23 Apr 11

Actually version 9 is unless you are running xp or earlier windows.

1936 17:32 PM 23 Apr 11

I am still with XP but am in the process with my very clever Grandson of deciding what to replace my six year old computer with.

peter99co 12:06 PM 25 Apr 11

Go for Windows 7 and IE 9

kristain 04:40 AM 10 May 11

Internet Explorer 9, the latest offering of the Microsoft Browser platform is packed with excellent features needed for a beautiful, fast and safe web experience. This is a faster and more responsive browser in comparison to its earlier versions. Some of the salient features include Pinning, Jump Lists, Aero-snap, Hardware acceleration and integration seamlessly with computers running on the Windows 7 platform. It provides support for modern web standards such as HTML5 and CSS3. The movement of notifications to the bottom of the page enables users to browse without interruptions.

finerty 20:54 PM 10 May 11

link text

scroll down to Internet explorer version 8 for xp and download or download firefox

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Steve Albini's notorious email is now a punchy music video

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…