Do I need to keep these .NET framework progs?

Shortstop 18:49 31 Jan 09

Hi,

Having a bit of a disk clean-up. Have used CCleaner, Win ASO Registry Optimiser & Tune Up Utilities to remove a lot of rubbish but have noticed in my add/remove list on Control Panel I have the following and wonder if this is a duplication or an upgrade:

Microsoft .NET framework 3.0 service pack 1 [245Mb]
Microsoft .NET framework 2.0 service pack 1 [186Mb]

Do I need BOTH of these [I do have a program that needs .NET so need at least one!]. There is also .NET framework 3.5 [25.1 Mb] so guess that this is the one to keep if either/both of the others can be removed.

Finally, in the same vein, I have:

Java 6 Update 11 [90.49 Mb]
Java 6 Update 6 [117 Mb]

TIA

Paul

cocteau48 19:06 31 Jan 09

.NET Framework issues are cumulative - later versions do not supersede earlier versions.
Java,on the other hand only requires the latest version to be installed and any previous versions can be removed.

birdface 19:07 31 Jan 09

You can remove Java 6 update 6.Net Framework you normally have to keep.But see what others think.

Shortstop 08:47 02 Feb 09

Many thanks for the advice!

Paul

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…