Do I need a firewall like ZA with Vista

Halmer 18:27 07 Oct 07

Picked up one of the Medion notebooks from Aldi this morning. Seems OK. It has Bullguard anti virus etc free for a limited period but there is no Firewall with it as far as I can see.

Do I need a separate firewall or id there one with Vista that is secure?

Halmer 18:28 07 Oct 07

I do realise that none of the freebies seem compatible with Vista.

mfletch 18:53 07 Oct 07

Hi,FREE Comodo 3 and Vista

click here

mfletch

skidzy 19:10 07 Oct 07

Zonealarm for Vista click here

Unless you totally understand the Vista firewall by creating the required rules,and to be honest...you need to be a genius ! get a third party firewall like Zonealarm or Comodo.

Fingees 19:23 07 Oct 07

I use vista own built in firewall, and find it second to none, now it work incoming and outgoing, unlike the original windows.

Never had any problems using it on the default settings.

skidzy 19:46 07 Oct 07

Unless you have created rules to suit your needs,the default settings of Vista firewall only provides inbound protection though a little protection is there by the basic outbound firewall filters...though this will NOT stop any outward bound data being sent if you pick up Malware or a Virus.

By default,Vista's outbound protection is disabled.

A little info click here

Plenty more on Google if you wish to research this.

Though i must add,i am in total control of my Vista machine and the only user,therefore i know exactly whats going on the system and where i decide to surf.
I run the system with Vista's own firewall at default settings with UAC disabled.

Halmer 21:18 07 Oct 07

I've downloaded ZA

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced