Do I need another backup facility?

Hetti 09:03 20 Apr 10

I have 4Gb free online backup with my ISP (Virgin)
when I reach my limit I intend to delete all backups and start again, so I will not need to buy extra storage.
Is this feasable? I dont have lots of photos and its just family tree info and PC settings I would hate to lose.
This question has been prompted by the offer of Acronis software on Amazon (£19)do I need this?

rawprawn 09:19 20 Apr 10

I don't know about Virgin's online backup, but it may not backup all that Acronis does. For example if your system goes belly up you can boot using the Acronis Disc. There are many advatages to Acronis and I would suggest it will possibly be the best buy you could make.

Hetti 09:25 20 Apr 10

rawprawn, thanks Ill order it now.

rawprawn 09:31 20 Apr 10

Well done it's a good offer and you will not regret it.

Peter 09:31 20 Apr 10

Link to Acronis True Image Home 2010: Backup and Recovery (PC) offer - £19.97 this week only.

click here

john bunyan 11:25 20 Apr 10

I agree re ATI, but you should back up (image) to a second drive , such as a USB HD, as 4 Gb is not enough for your whole system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…